Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature from The Broke and the Bookish.
I’m not sure how many books I’m actually going to be receiving for Hanukkah/Christmas this year (considering that my fiance and I aren’t exchanging our usual bookish gifts–I got a computer instead and I’ve got different surprises in the works for him), but there’s always an insanely long list of books I’d love to have.
To narrow it down a little, I’ve limited this list to cookbooks/food memoirs. Because the holidays always make me hungry!
- A Feast of Ice and Fire: The Official Game of Thrones Companion Cookbook by Chelsea Monroe-Cassel and Sariann Lehrer
This is exactly the book I need to take my Game of Thrones obsession to the next level.
- How to Be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking by Nigella Lawson
I like to think that I’m pretty much a domestic goddess already, but I’m eager to pick up some more tips. Maybe she has an idea of how to trick yourself into enjoying doing dishes…
- Larousse Gastronomique: The World’s Greatest Culinary Encyclopedia by Larousse
I don’t know how often I’d use this book, but I want to read it from cover to cover.
- Mastering the Art of Soviet Cooking: A Memoir of Food and Longing by Anya von Bremzen
Food is memories–even if those memories aren’t always the warmest or most pleasant. Food is still home.
- The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook: From Cauldron Cakes to Knickerbocker Glory–More than 150 Magical Recipes for Wizards and Non-Wizards Alike by Dinah Bucholz
Our friends actually gave us this cookbook for Christmas and I was so excited! I can’t wait to cook something from it.
- Pastrami on Rye: An Overstuffed History of the Jewish Deli by Ted Merwin
Even as delis are beginning to disappear, they’re such a big part of America’s culinary history (and they’re delicious). I miss the deli that used to be close to our house growing up. When it closed I was so sad.
- Stalking the Wild Asparagus by Euell Gibbons
I read some of Gibbon’s work for my food writing class, and I’d love to read his famous work.
- Sugar Cube: 50 Deliciously Twisted Treats from the Sweetest Little Food Cart on the Planet by Kir Jensen
This Portland food cart has really fun desserts, and I’d love to see what in her cookbook!
- Jamie Oliver’s Food Tube Presents: The Cake Book by Cupcake Jemma
A book of recipes by my favorite YouTube baker, Cupcake Jemma (I love her Oreo cupcakes)
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime–Comfort Classics, Freezer Food, 16-minute Meals, and Other Delicious Ways to Solve Supper by Ree Drummond
This is the only Pioneer Woman cookbook I don’t own. I love her step-by-step photos and down-to-earth nature.